Monday, June 1, 2009

Get to Know your fellow bloggers




Here are a few things I do to stay sane...or at least have some sane moments:

Before Josiah (4) goes to bed, he has to gather all of his downstairs toys and put them in his basket, which we keep in a closet for easy get out and put away

We created a reward chart for simple chores like making his bed, matching his shoes and helping to feed his cat. It's helping with counting, sorting and responsibility.

I get Josiah to help sort laundry by blasting some gospel music and making big piles for him to throw in the washer ( simulated, bootleg basket ball!)

I also keep everything he's allowed to have access to on his level..snacks are on the bottom/front shelf of the fridge, and in the lower cabinet in a basket. His coloring books and puzzles are next to his toy basket in the closet. He doesn't have to ask permission for these things as long as he cleans them up...works pretty well (he's in the grown-up phase.)

If you would like to participate in Friend Makin Mondays stop by and visit Kasey at All That is Good to sign up.

3 comments:

  1. I might have to take your chore charts and start using them for my 4 & 6 yr. old they will probably get a quick out of them. Great tips thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lvoe that you put your little man to work! It's great that he has to put his toys away before bed AND that he helps with the laundry.

    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chore/reward charts....my kids really love the stickers!!!

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete